XP Mail Archive: RE: XP> New versions of the XHTML-Print spe

RE: XP> New versions of the XHTML-Print specifications available

From: BIGELOW,JIM (HP-Boise,ex1) (jim_bigelow@hp.com)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 01:27:27 EDT

    Hello,

    The CSS 2 section Appendix A. A sample style sheet for HTML 4.0
    (http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/sample.html) contains the rule set:

    BODY { padding: 8px; line-height: 1.33 }

    A conforming printer does not support padding. I did a rough translation of
    8px to 0.1 inch to recommend that a PP-UA mimic the 8px padding with a 0.1
    inch inset on all four edges of the page.

    Best regards,

    Jim Bigelow
    Hewlett-Packard Co