XP Mail Archive: XP> Taking our work to the W3C

XP> Taking our work to the W3C

From: don@lexmark.com
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 11:11:53 EST

    All:

    I have communicated with the appropriate groups within the W3C concerning
    our desire to take XHTML-Print and the CSS Profile for Printing through the
    W3C process. The answers I received were both positive. The process would
    be to submit our work to the HTML group and the CSS group. We would need
    to offer up someone to be the "shepherd" and editor for these document to
    take them through the process. That would mean joining these groups and
    participating under the W3C rules of group participation. Of course your
    company would need to be a member of the W3C in order for you to
    participate. Since we are talking about 2 groups, this could be 2
    different people. Of course, more than 2 people could participate; again
    with the W3C membership caveat.

    Anyone interested in picking this up once we, the PWG, are done?

     Don Wright don@lexmark.com

     Member, IEEE SA Standards Board
             PatCom Chair, SCC Liaison
     Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors