XP Mail Archive: Re: XP> Taking our work to the W3C

Re: XP> Taking our work to the W3C

From: Jun Fujisawa (fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 09:16:13 EST

    Don,

    At 11:11 AM -0500 02.12.2, don@lexmark.com wrote:
    >I have communicated with the appropriate groups within the W3C concerning
    >our desire to take XHTML-Print and the CSS Profile for Printing through the
    >W3C process. The answers I received were both positive. The process would
    >be to submit our work to the HTML group and the CSS group. We would need
    >to offer up someone to be the "shepherd" and editor for these document to
    >take them through the process. That would mean joining these groups and
    >participating under the W3C rules of group participation. Of course your
    >company would need to be a member of the W3C in order for you to
    >participate. Since we are talking about 2 groups, this could be 2
    >different people. Of course, more than 2 people could participate; again
    >with the W3C membership caveat.

    The next W3C Technical Plenary which will be held on March, 3-7 might
    be a good chance to discuss about this since both the HTML group and the
    CSS group are supposed to be there.

    <http://www.w3.org/2002/10/allgroupoverview.html>

    How about kicking off the effort at the Technical Plenary? It should be also
    possible for non-WG menber to 'observe' the HTML/CSS WG meetings as
    long as the WG's policy allows that.

    --
    Jun Fujisawa
    <mailto:fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>