XP Mail Archive: RE: XP> RE: Specifying the Persistence of A

RE: XP> RE: Specifying the Persistence of Appmuxed Reference Objects

From: don@lexmark.com
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 17:11:17 EST

    David,

    I believe we understand the use case; however, I also believe this is well
    beyond the simple printing concept and use cases for which XHTML-Print is
    the solution. Preservation of digital signatures passed from person to
    person, machine to machine is a complex problem in any environment let
    alone in the simple print case. I would suggest Fred forward Bill's
    digitally signed document directly to the bank and let them print it if
    they wish.

    Don Wright don@lexmark.com

    Chair, IEEE SA Standards Board
    Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors