XP Mail Archive: XP> XHTML-Print: treating a missing media a

From: BIGELOW,JIM (HP-Boise,ex1) (jim.bigelow@hp.com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 14:10:55 EDT

    Sections 3.13 and 3.15 of the W3C Last Call Working Draft of XHTML-Print [1]
    state, "The absence of the media attribute MUST be treat[ed] as if the media
    attribute had the value 'screen.'"

    At the risk of be accused of mind reading, I think that most document
    authors do not write style sheets for printing but would like the styles to
    be applied when printing as well as browsing. Therefore changing the value
    "screen" in the statement shown above to the value "all" would give more
    consistent results when browsing and printing.

    [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xhtml-print-20030729/

    Jim Bigelow
    Hewlett-Packard Co.