From: Grant, Melinda (melinda.grant@hp.com)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 11:09:11 EST

    If you haven't yet heard, I'm pleased to announce that as of last
    Tuesday, XHTML-Print was advanced to Proposed Recommendation:

        http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/PR-xhtml-print-20060131/

    Achievement of Proposed Recommendation or PR status indicates that the
    specification is a stable technical document, has formally addressed all
    issues raised during the Candidate Recommendation period, and has
    demonstrated that each feature has at least two independent
    interoperable implementations.

    The review period ends Feb 28 2006.

    Should this document become a W3C Recommendation, W3C expects to issue a
    press release and publish testimonials in support of the document. You
    are encouraged to take advantage of this testimonial opportunity. In
    particular, if possible the W3 would like to see endorsements from
    printer, mobile phone, and CE vendors. For further information please
    contact me or Steven Pemberton <steven@w3.org
    <steven@w3.org&YY=77698&orde">http://us.f525.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=steven@w3.org&YY=77698&orde
    r=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b> >, HTML Working Group Chair.

    A heartfelt 'THANKS!' and 'CONGRATS!' to all who helped reach this
    milestone.

    This new version of XHTML-Print is inconsistent in several ways with the
    current CR version of CSS Print. I expect to make the necessary changes
    to CSS Print over the next few months, along with working on the CSS
    Print test suite. Let me know if you'd like to help... ;-)

    Best wishes,

    Melinda

    PS We currently have billing on the W3C main page! ;-) Check it out...
    http://www.w3.org

    <http://www.hp.com/Redirect/gw/useng_welcome/logo/=http:/welcome.hp.com/
    country/us/eng/welcome.htm>

    Melinda Grant