From: Grant, Melinda (melinda.grant@hp.com)
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 01:14:47 EDT

    The CSS WG is reviewing CSS3 Paged Media in preparation for publishing a
    new version. Some questions have been raised and some proposals for
    changes made.

    * Section 4.2 defines margin boxes so that they do not extend
    across the page border. This creates a gap of one border width between,
    for example, the 'top-left-corner' and the 'top-left' boxes. (An
    example test file is attached.) The WG proposes to change this. (We
    haven't yet discussed the specifics of how it will be changed. I assume
    we will allow the non-corner boxes to extend across the border region so
    that they are contiguous with the corner boxes.)
    * Section 4.2 also describes how overconstrained margin boxes
    should be resolved. "Values of the 'width', 'height', 'padding',
    'margin', and 'border' properties for these boxes that result in a value
    larger than the maximum MUST be ignored from the outside in, that is
    first the margin, then the border, and so forth." The CSS WG proposes
    to change this so that padding and border are never ignored (instead,
    boxes will overlap). This is more consistent with other cases of
    overconstraint within CSS.

    If you have objections to either of these proposed changes, please
    respond ASAP!

    Best wishes,

    Melinda

      _____