Re: XP> [CSS3 Paged Media] Page collapsing

From: Atsushi Nakamura (nakamura.atsushi318@canon.co.jp)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 19:58:58 EDT

    Melinda,

    This may be just a way of thinking, but
    I don't think authors would unintentionally place consecutive page breaks,
    but they will be intentional. Collapsing them would neglect author's intent

    Authors would likely place "just" page breaks
    where they want page breaks to occur, since "page-break-after:always;"
    has a function on it's own, and normally would not think it would require
    some "magic".

    If other tags (or styles) behave he same way, this would be a different story.
    However, consecutive <br>s do not collapse, consecutive <p>s do not collapse,
    and styles do not collapse. Under this condition, the behavior proposed seems
    strange.

    Regards,
    Ats Nakamura
    Canon