Re: XP> [CSS3 Paged Media] Page collapsing

From: Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2006 - 12:13:34 EDT

    Elliott Bradshaw wrote:
    > Nevertheless, I think collapsing page breaks is what is normally wanted,
    > and is consistent with line breaks.

    As I mentioned in a previous post, if page breaks are treated like
    the top/bottom margin properties, then a consistent behavior is
    possible that supports both collapsing and non-collapsing page breaks.

    If two adjacent elements have "page-break-after: always" and
    "page-break-before: always", then the page break is collapsed.
    Otherwise, you get two separate page breaks.