[IPP] Finishings 2.0 and "trimming-offset" / "trimming-offset-supported"?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Apr 6 17:04:57 UTC 2015

Smith,

I'll need to dig a bit to see which was intended, however the -supported syntax is designed to allow the printer to return both ranges and discrete values that might be supported.

The 1setOf syntax for trimming-offset would allow for multiple cuts from a single finishings-col value - useful for cutting business cards, for example - however I'm not sure how that would work for a printer.  Most of the cutters I've used on printers have been cross-cut (perpendicular to the feed direction, so top/bottom reference edge), with some providing a pair of cutters for the left/right (as the media exited the marking engine)...