[IPP] Outline of IPP Resource Object for System Service Spec

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 21:50:31 UTC 2016

Hi Mike,

Apologies for late response.  Been a busy week.

I like most all of this except for two state names, because they're
obscure.  The Job state 'pending' has fuzzy applicability here.

I suggest states/state reasons:

'created' - result of Create-Resource

'uploaded' - result of Send-Resource-Data, except when Resource
stays 'created' w/ state reason 'resource-incoming' (like job-incoming
in RFC 2911)

'installed' - result of Install-Resource, except when Resource
stays 'uploaded' w/ state reason 'resource-installed'

'canceled' - result of Cancel-Resource, except when Resource
stays 'created/loaded/installed' w/ state reason 'resource-canceled'

'pending-install' meaning "pending but NOT installed" is not symmetric
with 'pending-held' meaning "pending AND held"

Comments?

PS - Reasoning behind the 'uploaded' state name is potential
first class Admin operation Send-Resource-URI (for local domain
authenticated Resource upload by reference rather than value).

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434