[IPP] Why are some attributes that provide a dateTime data type allowed to specify "no-value" while others are not?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sun Oct 2 10:49:09 UTC 2016

Smith,

The date-time-at-creation attribute doesn't have a no-value in the syntax because the value is set at creation of the job - it will always have a value. The -at-processing value is set when the job enters the processing state and the -at-completed value is set when the job enters a terminating state.

I'll need to research why we changed printer-current-time to allow no-value - it shouldn't. Either the printer supports printer-current-time or not. If the current time is unknown (waiting to get network time or have the date/time set through other mean) the value should be the unknown out-of-band value.

Sent from my iPad