[IPP] "Get-User-Supported-Values" operation?

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 16:45:13 UTC 2017

Hi Smith,

I agree with Mike that this operation should not be added to IPP System
Service.

I question the need for this operation.

An IPP job service implementation can filter a Get-Printer-Attributes
response already based on authenticated user identity.

What new functionality would this putative operation add to IPP?

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Jan-April: 579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
May-Dec: PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434