[IPP] Get-User-Printer-Attributes : Enhanced rationale for why Get-Printer-Attributes is NOT sufficient?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Apr 12 19:44:15 UTC 2017

Smith,

Another reason for not overloading the existing Get-Printer-Attributes operation is that IPP doesn't support having one operation with multiple semantics or access policies.  For example, that's why we have "Cancel-Jobs"  for operators and administrators and "Cancel-My-Jobs" for users.  Similarly, the System service has "Get-Printers" for users and "Get-System-Attributes" for operators and administrators.