[IPP] Updated draft of IPP Presets now available for review

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Tue Oct 10 03:20:19 UTC 2017

No worries! But I'm not sure I get your feedback.

Are you suggesting that it would be better to eliminate the "job-presets-storage-available" and instead have the Printer indicate that it is not capable of accepting an additional Preset via Set-Printer-Attributes by withdrawing "job-presets-supported" from "printer-settable-attributes-supported" attribute? That seems like an "implicit" mechanism, but if we document it properly I guess it would work fine.

Or are you suggesting that a Client should just try it and if the Printer provides the "client-error-request-entity-too-large" status code, then it will know that it was rejected? That doesn't sound optimal. But if you are saying that this is the right status code to use, I'm all for using that.

Smith

>>> http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/tb-ipp-preset-20171009.odt
>>> http://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/tb-ipp-preset-20171009-rev.pdf