[IPP] IPP Last Call of IPP Get-User-Printer-Attributes Registration (Ends 10pm December 1, 2017)

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Nov 17 13:34:10 UTC 2017

One Apple comment: there is no IANA Considerations section! (and I don't believe I missed this with all of the reviews we did!)

You'll need two subsections to register the new operation and its corresponding value, to insert before the current section 8 (references) - the current reg-template.docx has the necessary text you can copy from:

N IANA Considerations

N.1 Type2 enum Registrations

The attributes defined in this registration will be published by IANA according to the procedures in IPP Model and Semantics [RFC8011] section 7.1 in the following file:

    http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipp-registrations

The registry entries will contain the following information:

    Attributes (attribute syntax)
      Enum Value      Enum Symbolic Name                     Reference
    operations-supported (1setOf type2 enum)                 [RFC8011]
      0x0066          Get-User-Printer-Attributes            [IPPGUPA]

N.2 Operation Registrations

The attributes defined in this registration will be published by IANA according to the procedures in IPP/1.1 Model and Semantics [RFC8011] section 7.4 in the following file:

    http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipp-registrations

The registry entries will contain the following information:

    Operation Name                                           Reference