[PWG-Announce] Fwd: IEEE Std 1284 and 1284.1 "revisions" request

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 18:52:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

The PWG is seeking an IEEE member to chair the potential
"revisions" of two IEEE standards (see Don Wright's note
below).

FYI - After an informal discussion at today's PWG face-to-face
meeting, the consensus was:

(1) Reaffirm IEEE 1284 (the base parallel port interface and
definitions for IEEE 1284 Device ID still widely used in USB,
IPP, etc.); and

(2) Withdraw IEEE 1284.1 (TIP/SI).

Question:  Does anyone reading this PWG mailing list know of
any *current* printer products that support IEEE 1284.1 TIP/SI?

Please do NOT respond directly to PWG Announce, but instead
send a note directly to me (IPP WG Co-Chair, responsible for
all legacy MIBs and other printing interfaces).

Cheers,
- Ira (PWG Secretary)

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com