[Cloud] notes to consider...

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Mar 1 21:59:33 UTC 2011

On Mar 1, 2011, at 12:18 PM, Randy Turner wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I meant to attend the most recent phone conference but was tied up --
>
> I think someone needs an action item to update PWG website with the existence of this "now active" working group

Once we have a charter and a statement of the group's goals, I can add the (temporary) blurb to the pwg.org home page (until I get rid of the blurbs from the home page that is... :)

Longer term the blurbs will be on the project pages (maintained by the WG chairs), and the main page will have more useful (and more frequently updated) content about new specs, upcoming meetings, etc. (which I'll be working on...)

> There was talk about including "fax in the cloud" and other services as a part of the scope of this working group
> (both Michael Sweet and I mentioned it at the face-to-face in Hawaii), but it doesn't seem to be making it in any preliminary
> text involving the charter.

I haven't seen the preliminary text, so I can't say that this is the case...  I also have the same recollection that we talked about cloud services other than printing, which is one of the reasons we named the group "Cloud Imaging"...

> Also, does it seem reasonable that any cloud print/fax/other security issues be addressed by the IDS group or will the Cloud
> WG handle its' own security issues?

I believe the separation of work items is that Cloud Imaging (like the other working groups) will identify security issues and IDS will solve them (ducking! :)

believed to be clean.