[Cloud] Maybe we should talk to these guys

Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Thu Mar 3 15:57:42 UTC 2011

Not from what I can tell from their web page.   Then again it all
depends on how you define "compatible".  Being protocol centric I define
it as wire compatible.  They could, of course, integrate their solution
as a back end to Google Cloud Print.  The print job would make multiple
hops with transformations occurring along the way but the effect would
be a job submitted by a GCP Client would print on a Cortado compliant
device. They just seem to be hosting the drivers up in the cloud.  It is
sort of a "remote print".   It looks like the transformation to a device
specific PCL is done up in the cloud and the results are sent to the
device.

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: Peter.Zehler at Xerox.com