[Cloud] Revised charter

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 14:37:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

I believe both the title and description of the new spec need changes:

(1) Title should be
     "Mapping of PWG Job Ticket to/from MSPS, PPD, and JDF (PJTMAP)"
     - per last week's minutes and our F2F discussion, JDF in scope

(2) Document filename should be
     "wd-cloudpjtmap10-yyyymmdd"

(3) Description should be strictly limited to PWG Job Ticket (the
     only normative reference needed for this mapping spec) and
     name MSPS, Adobe PPD, and CIP4 JDF

(4) If our scope is expanded to address PrintServiceCapabilities,
     then a SECOND mapping spec should be written, not a muddy
     scope job ticket mapping spec

(5) Both directory (charter) and prefix (ch) are wrong in this
     Interim draft, per PWG Naming Policy

The term "PWG semantic elements" is far too fuzzy to be source
or target for mapping - also there is no proposal to map the vast
majority of PWG SM/2.0 elements or objects.

The urgent issue is non-PWG *job ticket* usage in Cloud offerings
- capabilities are and will continue to be advertised and discovered
by a number of different means in Cloud Print implementations.

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SWG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Christmas through April:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
May to Christmas:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:

> The changes look good to me; aside from the editorial comments about the MS
> licensing of MSPS, and the filename (should be "wd" until approved :) I
> think we are good to go...
>
> I will fix the minutes tonight...
>
> On Aug 17, 2011, at 3:33 PM, William Wagner wrote:
>
> In accord with the information in the minutes of the face-to-face Cloud
> Meeting minutes of 2 August (
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/minutes/cloud-f2f-minutes-20110802.pdf), I
> have revised the existing, approved  Cloud Imaging WG charter and posted an
> interim draft.****
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/wd/ch-cloud-charter-20110818-rev.pdf****
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/wd/ch-cloud-charter-20110818.docx****
> ** **
> I sought to make changes in a way consistent with the original. In the
> interests of using concall time effectively, I request that those who prefer
> different wording or abbreviations post their preferred version, and that
> discussion be focused on content. One issue that needs to be resolved is
> under comment W1. “Considering that Semantic Model V2 is not yet
> formalized, but represents the preferred model, what do we use as a
> reference? If the to be issued PJT, do we loose mapping to the SM elements
> related to printer description?”****
> ** **
> Since the charter already separated out the print and multifunction
> document activity milestones, I made no changes to these other than the
> dates.****
> ** **
> (I should also observe the minutes cited above have an incorrect title and
> date)****
> Thanks,****
> ** **
> Bill Wagner****