[Cloud] Updated Mapping and Model Drafts

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Fri Jun 8 20:33:42 UTC 2012

Joe,

As far as the overall generic model is concerned; my hope is that the
PWG can create a very generic model (that is not constrained by any
existing PWG Candidate Standards) and, then, show where and how the PWG
Candidate Standards fulfill (or maybe don't fulfill) each major
components and/or protocol of the solution.   Example, the communication
between a CPS and the Print Cloud Manager (really should be called a
Printer Manager since it is not in the Cloud) does not have to IPP !
But, IPP, fulfill the need and it is easy to show how.  Example 2; what
if a CPS want all print job processing to be done in the cloud (SAAS)
versus in the at or beyond the Printer Manager; that should be a
possible solution also of the generic PWG Cloud model.  PWG would note
that the CPS can be implemented as an IPP print queue and, again, easy
to show how.

Glen