[Cloud] Updated requirements section posted

larryupthegrove larryupthegrove at comcast.net
Mon Sep 17 17:03:19 UTC 2012

New documents

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/white/wd-cloudmodel print_design
requirements20120917.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/white/wd-cloudmodel print_design
requirements20120917.docx

I updated per the minutes of the last meeting.

I believe we need to add a couple of additional requirements in section 1.3.

                Print security - data in transit, retaining at cloud site,
firewall transversal, initiation of communication

                Logging - all print activities will be logged and be
retrievable by "authorized" administrators

                Accounting - all chargeable print activities should be
available in a format for auditing.

Registration - I added to the statement 1.3.7 that the registration is done
by the printer owner, including user rights associated with the printer.  It
seemed to me that somewhere the cloud provider needs to be made aware of
which users can print what type of documents.

Use cases - I will take all the use cases that have been worked on and place
them in a separate document for common PWG use cases.  I think it would be
easier to keep the use cases in one place outside of the specific documents.
I would attempt to pull in the other use cases to include security, logging,
etc.

Let me know of any feedback or suggestions.

Larry Upthegrove

believed to be clean.