[Cloud] Cloud Printing Requirements and Model

William A Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Wed Mar 13 18:48:33 UTC 2013

I have updated the Cloud Printing Requirements and Model specification to
reflect those (few) things agreed to at last week's conference call. See

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/wd/wd-cloudmodel10-20130313.pdf or

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/wd/wd-cloudmodel10-20130313.docx

We did not get to review most of the current changes at last week's
conference call, and suggested that they could be addressed on the mail
list, but that does not seem to work. So I suggest that we go to a two hour
conference call as  the IPP WG has. There is little motivation to spec
writers to continue when they are awaiting comments on what has been done.
With a little more feedback from the working group, there should be  no
reason why we cannot get this spec out and proceed to the imaging services.

Note that we have been working Cloud Imaging for over two years and on this
specification for over a year. Although some conceptual approaches have been
developed, we are still some way from having a comprehensive specification.
Even if members of the  Cloud service  industry were willing to adopt our
standards, it is unlikely  that they would wait for us to get our stuff
together. Google has been cooperative in taking an alternate route and
inviting us to comment on some of their specifications, but few members have
taken this opportunity.

Thanks,

Bill Wagner

believed to be clean.