[Cloud] Cloud Imaging model requirement draft

Paul Tykodi ptykodi at tykodi.com
Sun Apr 21 13:53:52 UTC 2013

Hi Mike,

I completely agree with Bill's assessment of the Semantic Model work to date
and I believe that it fully supports the efforts of the Cloud Imaging
workgroup without requiring significant changes to its current format.

>From my perspective, it is completely appropriate for the Cloud Imaging
Model workgroup to decide that the presentational format of Semantic Model
elements needs to be adjusted for the specific requirements of the cloud
environment.

There is in my opinion a huge difference between choosing a different
presentational format for information relevant to cloud deployments and
suggesting that because cloud deployment requires a different presentational
format, to best utilize information from the PWG, that we therefore need to
completely reorganize the presentation of the Semantic Model itself. I don't
think that changing the Semantic Model format to be more relevant to cloud
(and potentially less relevant to other environments) is warranted or
advisable.

Different Question - Pete Zehler had mentioned in one of the SM meetings
last year where we were discussing the Transform Service that at the
Semantic Model 2.0 level, we would be allowed to declare workflow in scope
for any SM service. I think this is a very good idea to place into the SM
charter for some of the services. Do you think the additional modeling of
workflow would help with the cloud environment?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

/Paul

--