[Cloud] Conference Call Monday 26 Aug at 3PM ET

William A Wagner wamwagner at comcast.net
Fri Aug 23 19:04:39 UTC 2013

I suggest that foremost among the discussion subjects is the impact upon
Cloud WG activities  of the IPP  WG decision to suspend work on Imaging
Services other than printing. I believe that, although  IPP implementation
may not be considered a prerequisite for the Semantic Model consideration of
multifunction services, Semantic Model consideration is necessary for Cloud
to deal with multifunction services.  As important is the question of
whether non-print Cloud Imaging Services make sense.  We have already
dropped copy service. The IPP WG suggests that there is no expressed
industry interest in any  IPP Imaging Services other than printing. Although
the Model is intended to  specify an approach for  an eventual binding, is
there any suggestion that  there is any envisioned Cloud Scanning or Cloud
Fax Service? Should we continue with a Cloud Multifunction model, revert to
a strictly Cloud Print model, or just trim off some functions such as fax
and email (although once you have Print and Scan, the basis exists for all
the others)?

Thanks,

Bill Wagner