[Cloud] registration lifetime

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Mon Sep 30 23:24:09 UTC 2013

Hi All,

From today's conference call, I noticed there was a discussion regarding registration lifetimes -- the cloud service would be the potential bottleneck for scalability, so it might be a good idea for
a "registration-response" to include a time-to-live (TTL) value.  This TTL value would indicate to the device when the registration will expire (from the perspective of the cloud service).  The device would have to re-register before the TTL expires

This re-registration *could* be used to obviate the need for an application-layer keep alive.

I was curious if the notifications that were discussed were meant to be "asynchronous" -- meaning, the cloud would asynchronously notify a device or client regarding "something" happening in the cloud.

R.