IDS> IDS canceled today?

Dave Whitehead david at lexmark.com
Mon Dec 15 12:00:35 EST 2008

All,

Yes, we'll still have the IDS call today at 1:00 PM EST.  I have not seen
an updated NAP Binding spec, but we can discuss the Secure Time definition
(below) and Microsoft's responses to our questions that I forwarded
earlier.

dhw

David H. Whitehead
Development Engineer
Lexmark International, Inc.
859.825.4914
davidatlexmarkdotcom

==========================

Secure Time: This attribute signifies that the time source used to set the
device's clock(s) is considered a trusted source.  Many security
mechanisms rely on accurate time to enforce security.  Examples include
validity periods on X.509 certificates and Kerberos Tickets.  As such, it
is important to know that the device's internal clock(s) acquire time in a
secure manner.  If the time source is not secure, it could lead to denial
of service (set time outside the validity period) and/or allow
unauthorized access (set time to within validity period.)  There are
several ways to acquire the time including Network Time Protocol (NTP) and
explicitly set by the user via some user interface.  NTP has the ability
to utilize encryption and integrity checks using pre-shared keys.  The
user interface to the clock can be protected using passwords.  It is
important to note that RTCs are often used in devices and may utilize a
bus structure, such as I2C.  In such cases, the bus used MUST NOT be
accessible externally from the device.

==========================

"Ira McDonald" <blueroofmusic at gmail.com>
Sent by: owner-ids at pwg.org
12/15/08 11:52 AM

ids at pwg.org, "Ira McDonald" <blueroofmusic at gmail.com>
cc

Subject
IDS> IDS canceled today?

Hi,

Bill Wagner, Glen Petrie, and I (the quorum at the WIMS WG telecon)
were just wondering if anyone still plans to have an IDS WG meeting
in one hour at 1pm Eastern today?

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter: