[IDS] HCD_PSTN_Fax_Enabled attribute

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 01:44:25 UTC 2009

Hi Randy,

It's not that we don't care about IFax.

It's that all forms of Internet Fax have protocols and IP
ports that would be reported in HCD_Firewall_Setting.

But many businesses and government agencies ALSO
want to close the "back door" of PSTN Fax.

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
summer:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Randy Turner<rturner at amalfisystems.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When we came up with this attribute, we include PSTN in the name, which
> means we only care about PSTN fax, and not internet-fax options such as T.38
> or other fully capable iFax features.
> Did we mean to do this? We only care about PSTN? Which I assume to mean
> analog fax?
>
> Randy
>

> --
> believed to be clean.