[IDS] Cloud use case: Student Printing Homework at Friend's House

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Apr 25 18:15:24 UTC 2011

All,

At today's Cloud Imaging concall we reviewed a cloud printing use case concerning a student printing his homework at a friend's house. The use case brings up the notion of temporary access to a printer that is granted by a user (whose role has some limited administrative/operator privileges such as adding another user to the printer's access control list). The user getting access to the printer has a slightly different role than we've seen before - they aren't an unauthenticated guest, they have been given temporary authenticated access.

I figured it would be useful to run this information through IDS in case we need to expand the current model to cover it - the temporary access could be based on date/time, geo-location, or other criteria (like print "credits" at a school).

Thoughts?

believed to be clean.