IPP Agenda for Teleconference - Wednesday November 13

Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Nov 12 19:03:34 EST 1996

At 15:39 12.11.96 PST, you wrote:

>Carl, I have two things to add to the agenda ...

I have given a quick response below, the rest I will be happy to add to the
agenda.

Carl-Uno

--
>1) process for "signing up" for the IETF BOF (See Jay Martin's question. Do we
>have to sign up, pay registration fee to attend just the BOF?

The details for this is on: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/SanJose.html

This site seems to be very busy so you you may have to try several times
before you succeed.

My understanding is that everybody who attends is supposed to register and
pay the meeting fee, even if you just come in for the BOF. Although the IETF
prefers to have people register in advance (to plan for meeting rooms etc.),
you can in effect just walk in from the street without pre-registration. If
you plan to do that, reserv a bit of extra time to do this before the BOF. I
am not sure what the meeting fee is, last time I attended it was $100.

>2) I asked Scott Issacson to come back with a Novell position on using http
>instead of rpc at this first call.

Scott, are you listening?

>---------------------- Forwarded by Roger K Debry/Boulder/IBM on 01/12/96 04:35

Carl-Uno Manros