Microsoft Internet Printing Efforts

Randy Turner rturner at sharplabs.com
Thu Nov 14 14:09:05 EST 1996

I was wondering if we are going to align our IPP work with the
internet printing effort currently underway at Microsoft. One
of the engineers in my group attended a "Microsoft Windows/NT 5.0
Printing Architecture Preview" meeting at Microsoft this week, and
there is a specific section within the handouts dedicated to
internet printing utilizing HTTP and URLs. Some of the same concepts
we talked about in New Orleans are being applied.

I think we need to solicit participation by Microsoft in the IPP
effort if they have already expended significant resources in
the investigation of internet printing. It seems like their has
been recent email from someone at Microsoft during our earlier
internet printing discussions on the mailing list.

Just a thought,

Randy