Locating Printers

Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Nov 18 20:29:13 EST 1996

In Harald Alvestrand's comments to our early PWG draft for Charter, it was
pointed out that we need to look into what the Service Location (SVRLOC) WG
in IETF has produced.

It turns out that they have a rather substantial draft (57 pages) as
Internet-Draft:

        ftp://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-protocol-14.txt

Among the listed authors are:

   Erik Guttman
   Sun Microsystems
   2550 Garcia Avenue, MS PAL01-550
   Mountain View, CA 94043-1100
   Phone: +1 415 336 6697
   Email: Erik.Guttman at eng.sun.com

               AND

   Charles Perkins
   IBM Corporation
   P.O. Box 704
   Yorktown Heights NY 10598
   Phone: +1 914 784 7350
   Fax:   +1 914 784 6205
   E-mail: perk at watson.ibm.com

Any chance that you guys from Sun and IBM could do some internal liason work
to get a quick view on what these folks think about the adviceability to use
the SVRLOC stuff to meet some of our objectives (including the 6 month's goal)?

Regards,

Carl-Uno
Carl-Uno Manros
Xerox Corporation