PWG and IPP mailing list subject lines

Jeff Schnitzer jds at underscore.com
Wed Nov 20 11:57:01 EST 1996

When I reset the IPP mailing list after the "glitch", I dropped the
majordomo feature that can prepend a string to message subject lines
(since one subscriber had complained).

Now I've received another request to restore the feature (which I like
since it makes it easy to scan and group lists of incoming messages).

Unless people object by this Friday, I will restore the feature(with
no disruption to the lists).

This time I'll be using "PWG>" and "IPP>" as the prefixes to better
separate the prefix from the text of the subject line.  So you'll see
subject lines like:

          1st message=  Subject: PWG> Sample subject line
            1st reply=  Subject: Re: PWG> Sample subject line
            2nd reply=  Subject: Re: PWG> Sample subject line

What say ye?

/Jeff

Jeffrey D. Schnitzer      |   Email:  jds at underscore.com
Underscore, Inc.          |   Voice:  (603) 889-7000
41-C Sagamore Park Rd     |     Fax:  (603) 889-2699
Hudson, NH  03051-4915    |     Web:  http://www.underscore.com