New Internet Draft Request

Don Wright don at lexmark.com
Thu Nov 21 09:49:05 EST 1996

A working group is in the process of being chartered in
the applications area to develop a protocol for Internet
printing.  We have a BOF scheduled for Dec 12th in San Jose.
I have developed a requirements document for that work that
needs to be published.  The title of that document is:

"Requirements for WEB Browse-based Internet Printing"

The abstract is:

---------------

This document describes the requirements for WEB
browser-based Internet printing protocol.  It
describes the end-user, operator and administrator
wants and needs in the context of printing documents
from a variety of sources.  These sources include
standard desktop applications (e.g. word processors,
spreadsheets, and browsers), documents selected by
reference (e.g. URL) and documents created by batch
or background applications.  Additionally,
requirements for light-weight printer status and
management and job status and management services
will be discussed.

--------------

I would like a document name assigned so that we can make
this draft available ASAP.  The name I suggest is:

draft-wright-ipp-reqmts-01.txt

Your prompt response is requested.

Thanks!

Don

* Don Wright (don at lexmark.com)        Lexmark International *
* Manager                               Strategic Alliances *
* 740 New Circle Rd                     Phone: 606-232-4808 *
* Lexington, KY  40511                    Fax: 606-232-6740 *