Tom's attribute and syntaxes paper

rdebry at us1.ibm.com rdebry at us1.ibm.com
Fri Nov 22 15:39:18 EST 1996

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue:

Tom, what does s/m mean in the last column?

I was going to sit down and write up a similar table of attributes with some
indication of what was required support for each on the client vs. the Printer.
I had thought of having four columns (accepted by client, generated by client,
accepted by Printer, generated by Printer) with a yes, no, or optional in each
column. Maybe everyone else has it straight in their minds, but I thought this
would help me understand how the attributes are used better.  Has anyone else
done this already?  If not, would you think there would be value in doing such
a table?  I don't mind taking a stab at it, as long as y'all recognize that its
my educated guess at how each attribute is supposed to work, so it will
probably have many mistakes.