IPP> BOF Presentation Comments

Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Dec 3 18:28:16 EST 1996

I tend to agree with Bob that we need a number of clear and crisp bullits
that convey the right kind of message, while trying to avoid formulations
that could be misinterpreted.

What I hope to get out of the requirements presentation is a clear
explanation of the kind of scenarios that we try to address. Would it be
possible to re-use some of the scenario figures from the original IBM
document to lighten this up a bit with some graphics rather than just plain
text bullits?  We have 30 minutes allocated to this  part of the agenda and
3 slides seem a bit scarce anyway. If we need more material, I suggest that
we present the text from our proposed IETF Charter (although there is a
considerable overlap).

Also, I expected us to cover why we are not building on the old RFC 1179
(the X/Open material has now been posted to the PWG server by Tom Hastings),
and possibly also why we are not explicitly considering using the SVR LOC
solution. If these subjects do not get covered here, I suggest they needs to
get covered in Scott's presentation afterwards. (I consider it better to
grab the bull by the horns right away, rather than wait until it is brought
up by one of the BOF visitors).

Carl-Uno