IPP> Comments on BOF Presentation -Reply

rdebry at us1.ibm.com rdebry at us1.ibm.com
Wed Dec 4 08:03:08 EST 1996

Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue:

<<RKD>>  Scott, I'm confused by your last answer.  I think that "verifying"
<<RKD>> that someone is who they say they are is authentication, not
<<RKD>> authorization.  Once I have authenticated who you say you are
<<RKD>>then I see if you are authorized to perform the operation you have
<<RKD>> requested. This last step is what I would call authorization.

---------------------- Forwarded by Roger K Debry/Boulder/IBM on 12/04/96 05:57

        ipp-owner @ pwg.org
        12/03/96 05:11 PM