IPP> Scott's Presentation for the BOF -Reply

Alex Bochannek abochann at cisco.com
Wed Dec 4 14:44:04 EST 1996

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I am against using HTTP
in the way you propose.

- You define a special port
- You define a special content-type
- You define use of a command subset

To me that means you have a different protocol. Why not write a two
page draft that defines the access type ipp:// and just run straight
IPP over a TCP session? Much easier (I think)

Alex.