IPP> Revised Charter Text for IPP

Raymond Lutz raylutz at cognisys.com
Sun Dec 29 02:23:04 EST 1996

At 01:39 PM 12/28/96 -0500, Keith Moore wrote:

>I believe "natural consequences" will cause the boundaries between these
>services to shift, but there will still be significant stratification
>(or if you prefer, specalization) between these services that result.

Fair enough. It's going to be interesting to see how this will all pan out.
Again, I agree with your points when applied to the dominant application,
i.e. local printing, where you want a tightly coupled low-overhead
situation. For true "internet-printing" I think the decoupled scenario will
flourish, including the submission to Kinkos. Time will tell...

-Raymond

** Raymond Lutz                             Voice: 619-447-3246
** Director R & D, Cognisys, Inc.           Fax:   619-447-6872
** EC Chair, MFPA                           MFPA:  1-800-603-MFPA
** 1010 Old Chase Ave., Suite B             mailto:raylutz at cognisys.com
** El Cajon (San Diego Co.), CA 92020 USA   http://www.cognisys.com
**                                          http://www.mfpa.org