IPP> Some notes from an IETF Area Director

Babak Jahromi babakj at MICROSOFT.com
Mon Jan 6 04:16:04 EST 1997

I was not referring to firewalls as a bad design. They are designed to
protect the intranets against the outside attack. This makes them a
necessity. What is bad is using firewalls not against the outsiders,
rather against the people inside the firewall, enforcing email
censorship, blocking outbound print jobs, etc.

I just don't see the bulk of the market using firewalls against their
own people.

Babak