IPP> HTTP vs. HTTP-lite

Babak Jahromi babakj at MICROSOFT.com
Mon Jan 6 17:35:24 EST 1997

I doubt there is a golden document somewhere that specifies how the
browsers exactly deal with the all caches and all flavors of proxy
servers around. It works like everything else in Internet community:
loose consensus and running code. Why does IPP have to be special? If
you want to resolve every caching and proxying scenario before releasing
IPP, you will never manage to do it.