IPP> Re: IPP and OMG PF coordination.

Robert Herriot robert.herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Wed Jan 8 17:39:38 EST 1997

> From pmurray at cp10.es.xerox.com Tue Jan  7 16:03:52 1997
> >
> >        1. Assume ISO DPA 2M level conformance for attributes ( as is the current OMG RFP resp.).

I believe that the IPP group has made no statement about 2M level
conformance. 2M level conformance is neither a necessary nor sufficient
condition for achieving the right set of features for IPP.

We have used the phrase "heavily influenced by ISO DPA" to describe
IPP. We believe that DPA has some ideas worth borrowing, but we also
want to avoid the immense size and complexity of DPA. I don't expect
that 2M will be borrowed into IPP.

Bob Herriot