Terminology ( was Re: IPP>REQ - A call for issues -Reply)

Jeff Schnitzer jds at underscore.com
Thu Jan 23 10:45:39 EST 1997

Harry Lewis wrote:
>  HRL> cost per page attribute be at least granular enough to
>  HRL> distinguish between
>  HRL>
>  HRL> A. Black
>  HRL> B. CYMK Used
>  HRL> C. 5th Color Used (probably better terminology needed here).

The term I'm familiar with is "spot color".  And a spot color may,
in fact be a clear varnish--though varnish is often priced as a
separate finishing option.

/Jeff

Jeffrey D. Schnitzer      |   Email:  jds at underscore.com
Underscore, Inc.          |   Voice:  (603) 889-7000
41-C Sagamore Park Rd     |     Fax:  (603) 889-2699
Hudson, NH  03051-4915    |     Web:  http://www.underscore.com