Don Wright don at lexmark.com
Wed Jan 29 08:03:11 EST 1997

JK Martin said:

>Perhaps an intermediate mail transfer agent ate up Don's smiley
>faces on this response.  ;-)  Seriously, the printer vendors I
>have spoken with consistently bemoan the continued give-away of
>such printer drivers.

Insuring there are appropriate printer drivers for a printer is part
of delivering the printer.  Making sure the unique attributes of the
printer are available from the driver enable the printer manufacturer
to differentiate its product from another's.  Writing drivers is a fact
of life for a printer manufacturer.  We all know this and accept it.
Therefore we give our drivers away and as far as I know that will
not change in the near future.

Don