Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Feb 19 02:36:22 EST 1997

The minutes contained these two proposals to remove attibutes
from IPP V1.0:

Item 7.

Since Job-Hold-After and Job-Print-After etc are not extremely critical
features for IPP/1.0 and since they are taking a lot of time and energy away
from more productive work, we will drop these from IPP/1.0  If there are
scenarios that need them, lets go back and look at the scnearios and change
the scenarios.

TH> Did you consider dropping the relative form of time.  I see no value
in specifying that a job be held for a relative amount of time.
But an absolute time or a time period seems simple enough.  How
about just those?  What were the problems with them?  If not, lets
keep it in.  If there are, I agree that this attribute isn't as
critical as others.

Item 8:

The same (see Item 7) is true for page-select.  Remove it from IPP/1.0.

TH> I feel much more strongly about keeping page-select, since
it is something that you can do on every Windows and MAC today
(and for many years).  How can IPP V1.0 not support what is
done by 100M clients today?