IPP>MOD

Babak Jahromi babakj at MICROSOFT.com
Wed Feb 26 14:42:26 EST 1997

I am not sure what you mean by GUI in the diagram? Isn't GUI part of the
application? Also, appliaction calls the Printer driver directly,
assuming my understanding of the the GUI piece is correct.

There is usually another component between Printer Driver and "IPP
client", namely the spooler. Unless you were including the spooler in
the Printer Driver (but spooler is normally running as a separate
process from the app). So most likely the IPP client would be running as
a spooler component.

Also, I am not sure how the browser would work independent of the IPP
client. Are you assuming the browser would have the IPP client built-in?

Babak