IPP>MOD - HTML and IPP streams

Robert Herriot Robert.Herriot at Eng.Sun.COM
Thu Feb 27 18:03:47 EST 1997

You stated quite well what I think we agreed to.  I would like to be
able to agree with your last statement:

   "After some thought, I would be happy if a server only had to implement
    the HTML binding, both for query and submission."

But the last time I suggested it, others said that HTML would not be
a good representation for a client that needs to get the meaning from it.
Do you have some additional proposals to resolve this issue? Are you
suggesting that HTML tags could hold such information?

On another related issue, would you expect an IPP query could supply the
sort of information that a ppd file supplies, namely the PostScript that
is associated with a particular attribute value?

Bob Herriot