IPP> Re: REQ - ISSUE - Dependencies on browsers

IPP> Re: REQ - ISSUE - Dependencies on browsers

Babak Jahromi babakj at MICROSOFT.com
Mon Mar 3 12:59:27 EST 1997

I don't think there is a real need to make the browsers IPP-aware. I
would much prefer the OS (i.e. the priting subsystem) to be IPP-aware
instead, where the browser can be treated as just another application.
When it comes to view the printer status, etc., the browser does not
have to talk a new protocol, rather HTTP/HTML should be all that is
needed.

Babak