JK Martin jkm at underscore.com
Sun Mar 9 11:28:35 EST 1997

Patrick Powell wrote (as part of the "ADM - IPP Charter and Slot in Memphis"):

> In addition,  I think that the scope of the IPP
> protocol discussions and model is too limited - better to do it
> all at once rather than to have SNMP/SNMP II all over again.

Hmmm...  That's an interesting position, the idea that we must do it
ALL at one time, rather than take the problem apart in pieces and try
to deliver solutions in incremental steps.

All at once would be *nice*...but the original IPP proponents fostered
the position that "whatever it is, it must be done by mid-1997".

It is highly unlikely that an all-at-once solution can be completed
in less than 6 months.  We're talking about PRINTING here, and not
the quasi Turing Machine of SNMP.

	...jay

PS:  It would be nice if folks changed their Subject: lines for the
     various threads that have been spawned from the original thread
     of "ADM - IPP Charter and Slot in Memphis".  Doing so will make
     it easier to follow these individual threads in the future.