IPP> REQ - Issues with the 2/17 Requirements Scenarios

IPP> REQ - Issues with the 2/17 Requirements Scenarios

Stephen Zilles szilles at Adobe.COM
Wed Mar 12 00:55:53 EST 1997

I found that the Scenarios in Section 8 did little to limit the scope of
V1.0 of IPP. That was perhaps disappointing.

I did, however, have issues with some of the scenarios.

I thought that handling driver download was not a V1.0 feature

I am not sure why there are a number of different scenarios for the
failure of a print job: 8.8, 8.10, 8.12, 8.18. Should not these all be
one scenario (which could talk about different return information)?

I think that server pull for long jobs (8.17) is out of scope for V1.0
(and that we should resolve whether the protocol needs long job support
for push in 1.0)  I think there is a need for getting a job ID before
any documents are submitted to allow status monitoring which
transmission of data is going on. I an not convinced that checkpoint
restart is needed for V1.0

I do not think that 8.19 (referenced resources) is a requirement for
V1.0

        Steve